Car Buying Tips | Approved Car Loans
- Ask for a drive-away price - that's the figure you'll be paying to leave the dealership, complete with the often hefty dealer delivery charge, registration and stamp duty (which can vary from state-to-state).
- Different times of the year can prove more fruitful when it comes to haggling with a dealer. Dealers are set monthly and quarterly targets by car manufacturers, so they're often prepared to crunch a deal more towards the end of the month or the end of a quarter (March, June, September and December).
- If you're looking to buy a new car early in the year, check what year model it is. One from the previous year should be offered at a discount to the current year.
- Do some online research on prices.
- When taking delivery/picking up your new car. Always check the car thoroughly to make sure you're receiving what you ordered, and that there is no damage/scratches on the car. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING and do not hand over the balance of the payment until you're satisfied with the car. Any reputable dealer will always walk through the car with you before you sign. Take your time and go through a check list.
- You may want to start thinking about insurance at this point.
- Once ready to complete transaction, double check for service receipts, logbook, etc. are in order.
- Then fill out relevant section on registration papers. Instructions said to be on left side. *Read and follow closely*
- Once this is completed, tear along the perforated edges of the paper for the respective parties to keep.
- Make final payment and smile away as you shake their hand and drive away.
- Go to nearest RTA/ Motor Registry and fill out a form for Application for Transfer of Registration. Pay the transfer fees and you're done.
- Finalise insurance payments if haven't already.
- ENJOY YOUR NEW CAR!
Vehicle Select -- Finding you a better deal
Our team takes the time to understand your
needs, so they can provide unbiased advice
to help find you the right car.
We can arrange a convenient test drive around
your busy schedule at your office or home,
available in most metropolitan areas.
Our team of car buying specialists negotiate
hundreds of car deals a month for our clients
– some saving thousands of dollars off the
recommended retail price.
Know what your car is worth? We do. Save
yourself the hassle and let our team handle
your trade-in for you as a part of your new
For more information on how you can benefit from this service, please contact our specialist on 07 3340 6700 or email to email@example.com