Buying a used car as a private sale can offer some real price advantages compared to buying through traditional sources such as car dealers or auction houses, however there are some important things you should consider.
Obtain an independent mechanical inspection. Organisations such as the RACQ can provide a valuable insight into the real condition of your prospective purchase.
Insist on a test drive
Check the sellers proof of purchase history and if there is an encumbrance on the vehicle. For more information, get your Free Vehicle History Check.
Take your time, if it seems too good to be true it probably is. There are plenty of options to choose from, so take your time and don't feel rushed into making a purchase.
Talk to Approved Car Loans about our obligation free car finance pre-approvals
Our no hassle 15 minutes pre-approval will give you the confidence to shop with certainty and may help you negotiate a better price.
Need more information?
Simply download our Approved Car Loans FREE E-Book - 7 Easy Steps To Buying a Car Privately.
You will find out:
- How to choose the right car for you
- Tips to negotiate the best price
- What to look for on a test drive
- Arranging your finances
- If a vehicle is stolen or written off
- PLUS useful checklists & facts
Or speak to your Approved Car Loans Finance Consultant today on 1300 4 CAR LOANS for more information.
- Welcome to our new Website!
- Private Sale Car Finance
- 5 Ways to Protect your Credit Rating
- 8 Factors That Determine My Interest Rate
- Happy New Year and Welcome to 2016